Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year is Here!

So, on Wednesday I start teaching full time, it's the official re-opening of Form V. The first topic I'm gonna do in Physics, I think, is fluid dynamics, which sounds really cool--I've been reading a lot about it because I've never learned it before... Though I might start with some review of circular and harmonic motion, make sure the kids remember.

So, I should be teaching my butt off for about two weeks, when I have to interrupt to go to a PEPFAR (President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief) training, which will be nice to see people but a shame to have to take a week off teaching. After that again I'll be teaching like mad until mid-March, when I think the A-Level kids have a month-long vacation. Then, I don't know what I'll do as most of my friends are O-Level teachers who will be in the middle of the school year. It may involve a lot of bicycling.

I'm getting settled in pretty well at my site. I've begun working my garden, a little bit, which is being a nice food source of spinach-like greens and pumpkin leaves, as well as basil, parsley, and rosemary. I'm still under some pretty heavy mood swings, but sooner or later they'll subside. I hope. I think starting to teach lots will actually be about the best thing for me, being very busy means no time to be lonely.

I've been doing all my cooking so far, but a goal for this week is to find a nice mama who can cook lunches for me, because I just won't have the time to do that. I may even have her do a couple dinners a week--we'll see. That and my laundry. I have to say, doing laundry and dishes by hand in buckets is one of my least favorite chores ever.

So, that's how things are looking now, I thank you all for all the support you've been sending, it helps a lot.

-Gregor

No comments: